We all know it is a normal part of the baby phase, but the truth is that teething can be painful for babies and their parents. It's hard to feel...
Our modern era means an impressive number of options. No matter what we’re trying to accomplish, there are going to be a variety of choices. While having diverse courses of action is appealing, it forces us to be able to discern between treatments. When it comes to restorative dental work, you’ll need to work alongside Dr. Aubrey Baudean so that the two of you may choose the best possible restoration. Read on for a quick guide to some different forms of dental restoration, and to get some ideas as to how you may want to rebuild your own teeth.
Marrero Dental Restorations
Your restoration will correspond with the level of reconstruction that your teeth require. Depending on what your teeth are lacking, we’ll decide on the appropriate treatment. Whether your enamel is worn, a tooth is broken, or you’re missing one, several, or all of your teeth, we’ll find a solution.
- Crowns – Crowns encompass remaining natural tooth to strengthen and stabilize the structure. If the tooth in question is damaged but still able to survive, a crown will help enhance its longevity.
- Partials – Partial dentures replace several missing teeth with a fixed or removable device. Your partial will connect to your teeth by means of wires or a plastic plate, subtly replacing multiple teeth.
- Bridges – A bridge spans the gap left by one or more missing teeth. Crowns sit on either side of a pontic (replacement tooth), and connect that pontic to the area. Bridges are a permanent, aesthetically superior way to replace teeth.
- Implants – Dental implants replace missing tooth roots to provide new foundations for corresponding restorations. Your implant will bond with your jaw bone over time, leading to a new source of security for replacement teeth.
- Dentures – We all know what dentures are, but are you aware of how comfortable modern dentures can be? They will fit your mouth perfectly and act like natural teeth. When paired with dental implants, your dentures will be remarkably stable.
Restoring Your Missing or Damaged Teeth
…has benefits you may not anticipate. Regain your mouth’s function and your confidence by discussing dental restorations with our Marrero team.