Replacing teeth from the gum line up is simple; it’s creating a stable foundation for those teeth that becomes difficult. With Marrero dental implants, dental restorations are given secure bases to help them thrive. Implants are artificial tooth root replacements initially developed to help secure ill-fitting dentures. Since the advent of the implant over 60 years ago, continued research and implant engineering has made the dental implant more available to different types of patients and versatile in its applications, including:
- Single tooth replacement
- Anterior replacement (front teeth)
- Posterior replacement (back teeth)
- Full upper replacement
The titanium that makes up a dental implant fuses with your jawbone over time to lend unparalleled security to accompanying restorations. Your dental implants will become a true part of your bone structure.
Are Dental Implants Right For Me?
Implants provide support when it is most necessary. While some dental restorations draw on the strength of neighboring teeth (as bridges and partials do), others cannot (crowns, full dentures, or a restoration in an area without surrounding teeth). No matter the type of restoration you’ll be wearing, implants will anchor it firmly to your gums and hold it in place. This allows for dentures that feel similar to natural teeth.
Dental Implant Procedure
There may be a need to undergo surgical procedures before implant placement, to prepare the area for osseointegration.
- Patients may need a bone graft to enhance the bone density of the implant site.
- After receiving a bone graft, there will be a several month-long healing period.
- During implant placement, an incision will be made in the gums to expose the jawbone. Implants will be placed in the jaw and the area will be sutured.
- After a sufficient healing period (typically lasting several months), the implant heads will be exposed so that abutments can be placed.
- Finally, restorations will be placed atop the abutments and your teeth will be entirely restored.
The success of a dental implant’s osseointegration depends on your aftercare, oral health, and other factors out of the patient’s control. Follow Dr. Baudean’s instructions closely and always contact us if you have any concerns or something seems out of place. We will monitor your healing progress and ensure that you are engaging in habits that will result in your dental implants staying with you for life.
Dental implants change lives by making restorations feel, look, and function like natural teeth. Let us know if you’ve been considering replacing missing teeth.