When people see you, your smile is front and center, and we all know it. That's why tooth whitening is a $6.9 billion dollar global industry. If you are going...
If you’ve always been self-conscious of your smile, not because your teeth are crooked, but perhaps because your teeth are small, differently shaped, or even stained, this might be bringing one big question to your mind – could I fix the look of my smile with porcelain veneers?
Take our smile makeover quiz below to help you get an idea of whether veneers would be a good fit for you in correcting your smile, or whether you should be looking at other avenues to fix your smile setbacks.
What Is Your Biggest Dental Concern?
- I’m missing teeth caused by tooth decay or periodontal disease.
- I have chips or cracks visible in my smile.
- My teeth have gaps (large or small) or crowding.
How Important Is Preserving Your Natural Tooth Enamel?
- Mandatory with no exceptions.
- Very important – I want to keep my natural teeth as natural as possible.
- I don’t mind losing some enamel in the process if it means improving my overall smile.
How Many Of Your Teeth Are “Problem Teeth”?
- None. My bigger problem is that I’m missing one or more teeth.
- Just one. I have a chip, crack, or single crooked tooth.
- Two or more of my teeth have cosmetic issues I’d like to have fixed.
How Quickly Do You Want Results?
- As soon as possible. I don’t want to have to wait for a better smile any longer than I already have.
- I don’t mind waiting if it means better, longer-lasting results.
- As soon as I have gathered all of the information necessary to make the best decision.
Do You Have Any Significant Damage To Your Teeth Such As Deep Decay?
- Yes, but only in my back teeth.
- Yes, in my front teeth.
Do You Have Healthy Dental Enamel?
- No, in the past, I have or currently have suffered from enamel erosion.
- I’m not sure.
What Kind Of Budget Do You Have For Cosmetic Dentistry?
- I am hoping insurance covers as much of the procedure as possible, so I don’t have out of pocket costs.
- I have a limited budget, but still, want to find a solution.
- I have saved up for the best solution I can afford to fix my issues.
Is Dental Anxiety a Factor In Fixing Your Teeth?
- A little. I prefer the least invasive treatment possible.
- No, I’m ready to do whatever it takes to fix my smile.
Do You Regularly Consume Stain-Producing Products, Such As Coffee, Tea, or Red Wine?
- Only Occasionally
- No, never.
Your Results And Which Procedure Might Be Right For You
If you answered mostly A’s
Either your dental concerts are too significant for veneers such as missing teeth, periodontal disease, damaged molars, or you’re not interested in the high price tag that accompanies a higher cost treatment like veneers. Depending on what the underlying issues are concerning why you’re uncomfortable with your smile, you can still benefit from simple, less invasive, and more cost-effective cosmetic dentistry treatments such as dental bonding. Bonding could be an alternative for patients with minor aesthetic concerns but otherwise healthy teeth. Those with significant damage or disease should learn more about dental implants and crowns. See a dentist right away for periodontal treatment or fillings.
If you answered mostly B’s
You are interested in changing your smile and might be interested in a longer-term solution like veneers. Veneers may be the right solution for you and your cosmetic dental needs or depending on the severity of your teeth and their current issues, we may find that your problems can be easily remedied with the use of dental bonding. Bonding can often be completed in a single appointment. Scheduling a consultation will ensure we find the right fit for your situation.
If you answered mostly C’s
You’re looking for a brand new smile that will transform your look and confidence and veneers are the perfect way to help you achieve those goals! Veneers are the long-term solution you’re looking for to restore your smile for a lifetime. You’re willing to invest more upfront for a superior cosmetic solution. If you also have sensitive teeth and you’re looking to protect your natural enamel as much as possible, this is the aesthetic solution for you.
Happy With Your Quiz Results?
Just imagine how happy you will be after having a smile makeover! Schedule a cosmetic consultation with Dr. Aubrey Baudean DDS today and be on your way to a personalized, and beautiful smile.