If you’re uncomfortable around a dental drill, you’re not alone. Dental anxiety is a common issue and can prevent people from keeping up with dental treatment. Unfortunately, delaying regular dental...
You are ready to invest in a more beautiful smile. But there are lots of cosmetic dental treatments to choose from. Which treatment option is right for you?
Cosmetic dentistry should not be a one-size-fits-all approach. You still want to look like you. Our treatment options range from simple and quick to extensive, depending on what your personal goals are. Here are some things you might want to consider when you weigh your treatment options. Then take our quiz to see which cosmetic procedures might be right for you!
A big question to ask is how dramatic you want your results to be. You may only require some minor work to see major results with your natural smile. In this case, simple options such as teeth whitening may be a great idea. However, if you have larger concerns, such as multiple missing or cracked teeth or gaps between your teeth, you may want to consider more extensive treatment.
Often, cosmetic dental procedures are not covered by insurance. Unless these procedures are due to disease, decay, or injury, most treatments will need to be paid for out-of-pocket. Budget may be something to consider when thinking about cosmetic treatments. Keep in mind that financing might also be an option.
How Long Will Results Last
Some treatments last quite long, if not a lifetime, and others require maintenance. When considering the financial investment you are willing to make, also consider the time and maintenance commitment involved.
How Extensive is the Procedure
Some procedures are more involved than others, and that may be a consideration. If you suffer from dental anxiety or are nervous about a big transformation, certain options may be less appealing. But don’t worry, there are often less complex procedures that can make a big impact on the look of your smile!
Smile Makeover Quiz
There’s a lot to take into account when considering cosmetic treatment. Of course, a consultation with a cosmetic dentistry professional is the best way to find out your optimal treatment plan. For now, take our quick quiz to get started:
- How long would you like your cosmetic treatment to last?
- Regular maintenance is okay, as long as the visits are quick and I’m in and out of the office.
- I don’t mind visiting the office twice, but I don’t want to commit further than that.
- I’m happy investing in a longer-lasting treatment; even if that means a more involved treatment up front.
- What kind of results are you looking for?
- Something subtle or small in scale.
- A changed smile, but one that still looks like my own.
- Total transformation! I want dramatic changes.
- What about your smile do you dislike the most?
- A chipped tooth or yellow teeth
- Short, misshapen, or discolored front teeth
- Everything! I need a smile overhaul.
- How comfortable are you with dental treatment?
- I’m a little bit anxious about visiting the office. I don’t want to experience pain.
- It’s okay, I don’t mind being in the dental chair, but it’s not my favorite place.
- Pretty comfortable, especially if the results are worth it!
- What do you envision your final smile looking like?
- Like my current smile, but free of small flaws.
- Fairly different – overall whiter, straighter, and more impressive.
- I want to look like a whole new me.
- What kind of financial investment are you willing to make in your cosmetic treatment?
- Little to none.
- Substantial investment.
- Sky’s the limit!
- You’re interested in changing your smile’s appearance, but would you also like to improve its function?
- No, just its aesthetics.
- Yes – my teeth are sensitive, and I’d like them to be better protected.
- Absolutely, my teeth aren’t up to par as is.
Mostly 1’s: You’re looking for a quick fix that will make a small change to your smile. You’ll find success with single-appointment or home treatments like dental bonding and teeth whitening. Whether your teeth are a little yellow, you have a chip in a front tooth, or there’s some other minor problem, you’ll be able to resolve it without too much trouble.
Mostly 2’s: You’re seeking a more substantial change, and you’re a prime candidate for porcelain veneers. These restorations can remake your front teeth and create a fresh smile. Getting a full set will bring about big changes. If veneers are a bit much, you might be looking for just one or two simpler treatments like a crown to replace one problem tooth, bonding to fix a chip, and/or whitening to brighten overall.
Mostly 3’s: You’re looking for a brand new smile! You will benefit the most from a combination of multiple cosmetic treatments: a true smile makeover. With the aid of veneers, bonding, contouring, implants and/or whitening, Dr. Baudean will create your personalized, unique new smile.
If you want to get a personalized smile makeover plan, schedule a consultation today!