Tooth grinding is a surprisingly common dental issue that involves involuntary clenching and grinding of teeth. It may seem like a minor concern, but if you suffer from tooth grinding,...
If you haven’t heard of implant-supported dentures, you may want to keep reading. Implant-supported dentures are a life-changing alternative to traditional dentures. They allow for the permanent replacement of a full set of teeth and offer a far more comfortable experience than traditional dentures.
What are Implant-Supported Dentures?
This innovative option consists of a custom-made set of artificial teeth attached to titanium implants that are surgically placed into your jaw. The implants act as a stable foundation for the dentures, providing a secure and comfortable fit, as well as preventing bone loss and preserving your facial structure.
The Benefits of Implant-Supported Dentures
Implant-supported dentures come with a range of benefits that make them an excellent choice for those looking to improve their smiles. Some of the top advantages include:
Stability and Comfort
Unlike traditional dentures, which can slip and cause discomfort, implant-supported dentures are anchored to your jawbone, providing a secure and comfortable fit. This means no more worrying about your dentures falling out while eating, speaking, or laughing.
Implant-supported dentures help preserve your facial structure by stimulating your jaw while you speak and chew. This prevents bone loss which can lead to a sunken or aged appearance. In addition, implant-supported dentures are custom-made to match the look of your natural teeth, giving you a beautiful, natural-looking smile.
Implant-supported dentures allow you to eat a wider variety of foods without worry, as they provide the strength and stability needed to bite and chew. This can also improve your overall health, as you’re able to maintain a balanced diet.
Durability and Easy Maintenance
With proper care, implant-supported dentures can last for many years, making them a long-lasting investment in your smile and confidence. Caring for implant-supported dentures is simple, as they can be cleaned just like natural teeth. Regular brushing, flossing, and dental check-ups will help ensure your dentures stay in great shape.
The Implant-Supported Denture Process
The process of getting implant-supported dentures typically involves several steps:
- Consultation: The first step is to meet with your dentist for a consultation. We will assess your oral health, take X-rays, and discuss your options to determine if you’re a suitable candidate for implant-supported dentures.
- Implant Placement: During the implant placement procedure, your dentist will surgically place titanium implants into your jawbone. The number of implants needed will vary depending on your specific needs. After the implants are placed, you’ll need to wait for your jawbone to heal and fuse with the implants. This process, called osseointegration, usually takes three to six months.
- Denture Fabrication: While you’re healing, your dentist will work with a dental lab to create your custom dentures. They will take impressions of your mouth and use these to design a set of artificial teeth that will look like your natural teeth.
- Denture Fitting: Once your implants have fully integrated with your jawbone, your dentist will attach your custom dentures to the implants. They will make any necessary adjustments to ensure a perfect fit, and then you’ll be ready to show off your new smile!
Is There Any Downtime?
As with any surgical procedure, there may be some downtime and discomfort associated with the implant placement process. However, this is typically minimal and can be managed with pain medication and proper aftercare. Most patients are able to return to normal activities within a few days following the implant surgery.
It’s important to follow your post-operative care instructions to ensure a smooth recovery and successful outcome.
Cost and Financing Options
Implant-supported denture costs can vary depending on a few different factors, including the number of implants you require, the complexity of the procedure, and your geographic location. While they may be more expensive upfront than traditional dentures, implant-supported dentures are a long-lasting investment in your smile and overall quality of life.
We also offer financing to help make the cost of implant-supported dentures more manageable. Be sure to discuss your financial concerns so we can help you explore various payment plans and find a solution that fits your budget.
Are Implant-Supported Dentures Right for You?
Implant-supported dentures are an excellent option for many people, but they may not be suitable for everyone. You may be a candidate for implant-supported dentures if you:
- Have sufficient jawbone density to support the implants
- Are in good overall health and can undergo minor surgery
- Are willing to commit to the time and financial investment required for the procedure
- Are looking for a long-term solution to tooth loss that offers both aesthetic and functional benefits
If you are interested in learning more about implant-supported dentures or other cosmetic dentistry options, our office. Our team of experienced professionals is here to help you achieve the smile you’ve always wanted.