Curious about what dental implants could do for you? It’s important to do some research before choosing any dental procedure. We know that implants feel like a big, serious step, but our staff is here to help you get comfortable with the process.
Algiers dental implants are available from Dr. Aubrey Baudean. Our full-service dental practice provides a broad spectrum of dental care so that you can receive each treatment you need under one roof. This improves patient comfort and lowers anxiety.
Read on for a brief discussion of the implant procedure, and get in touch with any questions your have about tooth implants. If you’re missing one or more teeth, these tooth root replacements could be a life-changing step.
Steps of Dental Implant Surgery
- Consultation – As with any dental procedure, it all begins with an initial consultation. At this appointment, we’ll evaluate your mouth, recommend a treatment plan, and talk about the next steps.
- Implant placement – During implant surgery, Dr. Baudean will make a small incision in the gum line at the surgical site. The implant is placed in the jaw bone, where it integrates with the natural bone in your jaw. Dr. Baudean will place stitches in the area if necessary.
- Healing – Healing is the really crucial part of the implant process. It’s this period that determines how successful your implants will be, and how long they will stay with you. Be sure to follow our aftercare instructions and clean the surgical site carefully but thoroughly.
- Abutments – Abutments connect implants to accompanying restorations. After they are placed, you may need to undergo another healing period.
- Restoration placement – The final step! Your crown(s), bridge, or dentures are attached to the implants and your smile is whole again. There will be follow-up appointments to ensure that everything is functioning properly, but you’ll be ready to start spending life with your new grin.